Subject: [OAUTH-WG] How soon until last call on introspection and revocation

From: Todd W Lainhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:26:30 -0500

Does anyone have any intuition as to how far away we are on last call for 
introspection and revocation?

Todd Lainhart
Rational software
IBM Corporation
550 King Street, Littleton, MA 01460-1250
1-978-899-4705
2-276-4705 (T/L)
[email-masked]

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:45:22 +0200

Hi Todd, 

two answers:

1) Token Revocation:

I had initiated a Working Group Last Call for the token revocation document end of November:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg10102.html

As you have seen on the list, this has generated a fair amount of discussion. 

I hope that Torsten, the draft editor, is able to produce a new draft version quickly with a resolution of the open issues that is acceptable to the rest of the group. 

Then, we will have to judge whether the document can move forward to the IESG. 

2) Introspection

That document is not even a working group item. 

Ciao
Hannes

On Feb 6, 2013, at 4:26 PM, Todd W Lainhart wrote:

> Does anyone have any intuition as to how far away we are on last call for introspection and revocation?

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:56:01 -0500

As editor of introspection draft, I would like to see it become a 
working group item. After talking with the chairs, there appears to be 
some friction with the amount of open working items that the working 
group has right now, though, leading to hesitation to add more to our 
official plate.

That said, it doesn't mean we can't all just *work* on it, and I'm 
actively editing it based on feedback. We're implementing and deploying 
it in our own systems right now, too. I'm tracking issues to the draft 
here if you have any direct changes (or pull requests!):

   https://github.com/jricher/oauth-spec/issues

So I hope that we can at least stabilize the functionality of the spec 
so that by the time the IETF process can start to chew on it in an 
official fashion, it will be mostly baked and we can run it through 
relatively quickly.

  -- Justin

On 02/06/2013 09:45 AM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Todd W Lainhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:00:16 -0500

Thanks Hannes.

> That document is not even a working group item. 

Ha.  I hadn't noticed that - I now see it is part associated to the 
"Network Working Group" instead of "OAuth Working Group". 

I'm confused, and perhaps it's just IETF ignorance, or me not paying 
attention.  What does it mean for the introspection spec, which describes 
itself to be an OAuth 2 endpoint, not to be in this WG?

Todd Lainhart
Rational software
IBM Corporation

From:   Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
To:     Todd W Lainhart/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS, 
Cc:     Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>, "IETF oauth WG" 
<[email-masked]>
Date:   02/06/2013 09:47 AM
Subject:        Re: [OAUTH-WG] How soon until last call on introspection 
and revocation

Hi Todd, 

two answers:

1) Token Revocation:

I had initiated a Working Group Last Call for the token revocation 
document end of November:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg10102.html

As you have seen on the list, this has generated a fair amount of 
discussion. 

I hope that Torsten, the draft editor, is able to produce a new draft 
version quickly with a resolution of the open issues that is acceptable to 
the rest of the group. 

Then, we will have to judge whether the document can move forward to the 
IESG. 

2) Introspection

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Todd W Lainhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:06:15 -0500

>That said, it doesn't mean we can't all just *work* on it...

Agreed.  Thanks for the clarification.

Todd Lainhart
Rational software
IBM Corporation

From:   Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
To:     Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>, 
Cc:     Todd W Lainhart/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS, IETF oauth WG 
<[email-masked]>
Date:   02/06/2013 09:57 AM
Subject:        Re: [OAUTH-WG] How soon until last call on introspection 
and revocation

  -- Justin

discussion.
IESG.