Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:37:54 +0000

The OAuth Feature Matrix spreadsheet that I talked about at the OAuth WG meeting today is attached and available at http://self-issued.info/misc/OAuth%20Feature%20Matrix.xlsx.  Tony Nadalin and I created it as a tool to characterize OAuth implementations to help promote interoperability by understanding the choices that different implementers have made.

Also as discussed today, I propose that people with implementations get together tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon to take a quick pass at characterizing the choices made in your implementations to date.  Then we can report back to the working group on Thursday with a snapshot of the choices made, which will help us get a sense of which features are likely to be interoperable across implementations.  (Actually, all those who are interested are welcome, not just those with implementations.)

I'll create a Doodle poll now to help us choose a time window between 1:00 and 5:00 to get together and do this.  Also, stay tuned for the room where we'll meet.

Hopefully this will be a useful and informative exercise...

                                                            -- Mike

---

From: Todd W Lainhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 09:33:19 -0400

Are you interested in survey results from non-meeting members?  If so, 
where/how do you want that posted?

Todd Lainhart
Rational software
IBM Corporation
550 King Street, Littleton, MA 01460-1250
1-978-899-4705
2-276-4705 (T/L)
[email-masked]

From:   Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
To:     "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
Date:   03/11/2013 06:39 PM
Subject:        [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix
Sent by:        [email-masked]

The OAuth Feature Matrix spreadsheet that I talked about at the OAuth WG 
meeting today is attached and available at 
http://self-issued.info/misc/OAuth%20Feature%20Matrix.xlsx.  Tony Nadalin 
and I created it as a tool to characterize OAuth implementations to help 
promote interoperability by understanding the choices that different 
implementers have made.
 
Also as discussed today, I propose that people with implementations get 
together tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon to take a quick pass at 
characterizing the choices made in your implementations to date.  Then we 
can report back to the working group on Thursday with a snapshot of the 
choices made, which will help us get a sense of which features are likely 
to be interoperable across implementations.  (Actually, all those who are 
interested are welcome, not just those with implementations.)
 
I’ll create a Doodle poll now to help us choose a time window between 1:00 
and 5:00 to get together and do this.  Also, stay tuned for the room where 
we’ll meet.
 
Hopefully this will be a useful and informative exercise…
 
                                                            -- Mike
 [attachment "OAuth Feature Matrix.xlsx" deleted by Todd W 
Lainhart/Lexington/IBM] _______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: "Donald F Coffin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:04:16 -0700

WARNING: contains banned part

Subject: RE: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix
From: "Donald F Coffin" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Mike Jones'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:04:16 -0700

Mike,

I've attached a completed copy of the OAuth Feature survey you posted
yesterday.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Don

Donald F. Coffin

Founder/CTO

REMI Networks

22751 El Prado Suite 6216

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688-3836

Phone:      (949) 636-8571

Email:        <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

From: Mike Jones [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix

Also as discussed today, I propose that people with implementations get
together tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon to take a quick pass at characterizing
the choices made in your implementations to date.  Then we can report back
to the working group on Thursday with a snapshot of the choices made, which
will help us get a sense of which features are likely to be interoperable
across implementations.  (Actually, all those who are interested are
welcome, not just those with implementations.)

I'll create a Doodle poll now to help us choose a time window between 1:00
and 5:00 to get together and do this.  Also, stay tuned for the room where
we'll meet.

Hopefully this will be a useful and informative exercise.

                                                            -- Mike

---

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:51:39 +0000

We've had great participation thus far.  Currently we have data characterizing 9 different implementations, with more promised to follow.  The attached spreadsheet combines the data provided to date.

As you can see, the different implementations have often made very different choices.  I'll plan to produce a set of highlights of the different choices made to present on Thursday.

                                                            -- Mike

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mike Jones
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix

                                                            -- Mike

---

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:56:48 +0000

The attached version of the spreadsheet incorporates some corrections identified by those who've filled it in to date.  If you plan to characterize your implementation, start with this version, rather than the one previously posted.

                                                            -- Mike

P.S.  The version at http://self-issued.info/misc/OAuth%20Feature%20Matrix.xlsx has also been updated.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mike Jones
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix

                                                            -- Mike

From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mike Jones
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:38 PM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Feature Matrix

                                                            -- Mike