Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Milestones

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 12:38:06 +0300

I have just looked at our WG milestones and need your feedback:

* Mar 2013 	Submit 'Token Revocation' to the IESG for consideration as a 
Proposed Standard

--> I have asked the IESG secretary to mark it as DONE.

* Apr 2013 	Submit 'SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion Profiles for OAuth 2.0' to 
the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
* Apr 2013 	Submit 'OAuth 2.0 Assertion Profile' to the IESG for 
consideration as a Proposed Standard

--> We are behind schedule on this item and I suggest the following next 
steps:

   1) WG review for 2 weeks (2 weeks because various folks are at the 
Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View next week).

   2) If review feedback indicates the documents are ready for the IESG 
we sent them to the IESG again.

Jun 2013 	Submit 'OAuth Use Cases' to the IESG for consideration as an 
Informational RFC

  --> Derek, as the document shepherd, knows the status of this work

Jul 2013 	Submit 'HTTP Authentication: MAC Authentication' to the IESG 
for consideration as a Proposed Standard

  --> The feedback at the last IETF meeting was good. We do, however, 
need to finalize the document. July is a realistic deadline, I think, 
but the document authors will have to propose a list of open issues.

Aug 2013 	Submit 'JSON Web Token (JWT) Bearer Token Profiles for OAuth 
2.0' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

  --> This document is pending the completion of the JOSE work.
      Is this date realistic?

Aug 2013 	Submit 'JSON Web Token (JWT)' to the IESG for consideration as 
a Proposed Standard

  --> This document is pending the completion of the JOSE work.
      Is this date realistic?

Sep 2013 	Submit 'OAuth Dynamic Client Registration Protocol' to the 
IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard

  --> Justin, do you think that this document can be completed in 
September or earlier?

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: "Richer, Justin P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 19:50:03 +0000

> 
> Sep 2013 	Submit 'OAuth Dynamic Client Registration Protocol' to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard
> 
> --> Justin, do you think that this document can be completed in September or earlier?

Earlier, I'd say. In my opinion, the document is feature complete and I have no outstanding editor's notes to address. I've just uploaded draft -10 that addresses the latest round of comments, and I'd like people to read it through, comment, and most importantly, implement it to make sure it's sane. I'm sure it could use the normal amount of last-minute polish of the language throughout (particularly in the abstract, introduction, and security considerations sections), but overall I think that it is very ready. Once I get some thorough feedback from the WG here I think that -11 could even potentially be the last call version.

 -- Justin

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 08:19:33 +0300

Thanks for the quick response.

Maybe we should issue a working group last call now already. It is not a 
mistake to finish documents earlier than expected ...