Subject: [OAUTH-WG] JWT spec

From: Antonio Sanso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 10:53:34 +0100

Hi *,

the example plaintext in the JWT specification [0] has a "weird" JWT claims Set:

     {"iss":"joe",
      "exp":1300819380,
      "http://example.com/is_root":true}

The "http://example.com/is_root":true part looks a bit odd to me. Is it a typo?

Regards

Antonio

[0] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-07#section-4.1

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 14:21:55 +0300

Hi Antonio,

this parameter is supposed to show how the extension points works.

Here is the text from the draft about how these extensions are supposed 
to work:

    Collision Resistant Namespace  A namespace that allows names to be
       allocated in a manner such that they are highly unlikely to
       collide with other names.  For instance, collision resistance can
       be achieved through administrative delegation of portions of the
       namespace or through use of collision-resistant name allocation
       functions.  Examples of Collision Resistant Namespaces include:
       Domain Names, Object Identifiers (OIDs) as defined in the ITU-T
       X.660 and X.670 Recommendation series, and Universally Unique
       IDentifiers (UUIDs) [RFC4122].  When using an administratively
       delegated namespace, the definer of a name needs to take
       reasonable precautions to ensure they are in control of the
       portion of the namespace they use to define the name.

This text is a bit fuzzy.

Ciao
Hannes

On 05/09/2013 12:53 PM, Antonio Sanso wrote:
> [0]
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-07#section-4.1
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>