Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-12.txt

From: "Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:49:10 -0700

Hi Justin,

I will try to do this text early next week (based on your new -13 draft
- thanks for updating it!)

Is there a repo for the spec where I could submit a pull request?

Cheers,

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Dzhuvinov : www.NimbusDS.com : [email-masked]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-12.txt
From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, June 28, 2013 2:25 pm
To: Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A server is supposed to at least listen for all actions and return the 
right error codes if it can't (or won't) complete the request. For 
instance, a 403 from the update action means the client isn't allowed to

update its record. A 405 from the delete action means the server can't 
support the action at all, and a 403 from the delete means that the 
server supports the action but the client isn't allowed to delete its 
own record. You can get at that information by reading through each of 
the sections in (4), but if you can suggest text for the introductory 
section of (4) that would help clarify this situation, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks,

 -- Justin

On 06/28/2013 04:21 AM, Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS wrote:
> A server that implements dynamic registration must support all three
> requests - register, update and delete, is that correct?
>
> I had another careful read of the spec and I think it would help to
> mention this explicitly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vladimir
>
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:09:39 -0400

Yes, I keep the working copy of the .xml file in GitHub here:

https://github.com/jricher/oauth-spec

As you'll see, I did take a crack at it in -13, but I'm always open to 
improvements. Thanks!

  -- Justin