Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Current Progress in use case document?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:40:29 +0800

Hi, all
     The use case documemnt will not be updated?
     For a reader it is very difficult to discern a use case from another 
one.
     Could some diagram be added? Could some explanation be added to 
clarify why some cases cannot be supperted by oauth 2.0?

---

From: Igor Faynberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 12:51:44 -0400

Zhou,

The correct addres for Zachary is on the (corrected) CC list.

My take on it is that the Use Cases document has been ready for approval 
for quite a while, and there were no concerns about misunderstandings. 
The cases are clearly delineated by their respective 1) descriptions, 2) 
pre-conditions, and 3) post-conditions.

I might try to to help, but I don't quite understand what "some diagram" 
means here and why it should be added.  Nor do I understand what your 
difficulty in discerning one use case from another is.   If you see 
something specifically wrong with what is there please point this out.

If you need a tutorial on Use Cases, please write to Zachary.

With thanks,

Igor

On 8/5/2013 5:40 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
>      For a reader it is very difficult to discern a use case from 
> another one.
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:17:15 -0400

Sorry, I meant to ping about this document but I've been inundated with
"Real Work(TM)" since Berlin.

Alas, the document expired, which means we need a new version submitted
before we can send it through the process.

Can one get submitted, please?

Thanks,

-derek

Igor Faynberg <[email-masked]> writes:

> My take on it is that the Use Cases document has been ready for approval for
> quite a while, and there were no concerns about misunderstandings. The cases
> are clearly delineated by their respective 1) descriptions, 2) pre-conditions,
> and 3) post-conditions.
>
> I might try to to help, but I don't quite understand what "some diagram" means
> here and why it should be added.  Nor do I understand what your difficulty in
> discerning one use case from another is.   If you see something specifically
> wrong with what is there please point this out. 
>

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant