Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Question on RFC 7009 OAuth 2.0 Token Revocation

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:42:29 -0700

The second paragraph of section 2 of RFC 7009 [1] says that the revocation
endpoint must conform to the rules in section 3.1 of RFC 6749 (The OAuth
2.0 Authorization Framework) [2] but that section is about the
*Authorization Endpoint*, which doesn't make much sense to me. The resource
owner is involved with the authorization endpoint but not with the
revocation endpoint. The authorization endpoint MUST accept GET and MAY
accept POST while the revocation endpoint always accepts POST except for
the JSONP support which is just a MAY for GET. There's also talk elsewhere
in RFC 7009 about client authentication, which only happens at the token
endpoint, not the authorization endpoint (note that the link in in 2.1 of
RFC 7009 [3] that should go to 2.3 of RFC6749 actually links back to
itself).

Is the reference a mistake in RFC 7009? If not, could someone explain what
the intent was there or what it really means?

Thanks for any clarification!

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7009#section-2
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-3.1
[3] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7009#section-2.1