Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Dynamic Registration Management API: Our Lunch Chat Today

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:14:56 +0100

Hi all,

several OAuth folks met today to talk about the next steps regarding the
OAuth dynamic client registration management API.

At the end of our short lunch chat I asked each participant individually
what they think should be done next. Here are the notes I took.

Phil: We need to document what events does the client want to notify the
server. Phil, volunteered to write a slide deck.

Justin: Document the deployment characteristics (for the different
client types). He also suggested to publish the current document as an
experimental draft and let people play around with it.

Tony: The work on the management API is not mature enough for
standardization

Mat: Decide what is in scope and what is out-of-scope.

Morteza: Investigate use cases further

Brian: Document use cases and assumptions

Mike: Focus on the dynamic registration and the meta-data work for now.
The management API is not mature enough.

John: We first need to figure out what we need the management API for.

Bill: Document what problem we are solving.

Kaoru: Document use cases and better understand the relationship with
the other specs.

As you can see the views are all over the map. It does, however, seem to
be useful to get a better understanding of the deployment and the use cases.

Ciao
Hannes