Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Agenda requests, please

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 16:06:58 +0200

Hi all,

by next Monday we have to post a draft agenda for the upcoming IETF
meeting.

If you would like to talk about a specific topic, please let us know.

My impression regarding the status of our work is the following:

-------- Current WG items -------

* Dynamic Client Registration

We are waiting for an update but the document could be completed by the
IETF meeting. ==> no presentation time.

* JWT

Currently in IESG processing and a new draft update has just been
submitted. ==> no presentation time (#)

* Assertion Bundle

Currently in IESG processing. ==> no presentation time (#)

* Dynamic Client Registration Management Protocol

We had a discussion about this work at the last IETF meeting and the
path forward looked somewhat difficult. Nothing has happened since that
time and I am inclined to remove it from the list of WG items.

* Proof-of-Possession Security

We have several new documents and I hope we can turn into working group
items already before the meeting. We would then use the meeting time to
discuss open issues.

#: No presentation time unless some challenging comments from the IESG
surface.

-------- Proposed New WG items -------

I would also like to put the following items on the agenda.

* Token Introspection

* draft-sakimura-oauth-tcse-03	

-------- Other items -------

Phil might want to bring up this item since it was discussed on the
list: draft-hunt-oauth-v2-user-a4c

Other ideas/suggestions?

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 16:23:35 +0200

Minor addition: In my charter update proposal I had suggested to add
- "User Authentication" (for example based on
draft-hunt-oauth-v2-user-a4c), and

- "Delegation" (for example based on draft-jones-oauth-token-exchange).

Hence, it would be good to discuss these items as well.

Ciao
Hannes

On 07/02/2014 04:06 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 23:14:29 -0400

Mike is working on editorial updates to the Dynamic Registration core 
draft, and I and the other editors plan to review the changes soon and 
we'll get an updated draft published before the deadline this week.

I will publish a refreshed Token Introspection individual submission ID 
for input into the WG discussion before the deadline, and I would like 
to see this become a WG item. It's already been in deployment with a 
number of implementations for some time now, and I'm seeing only 
increasing demand for it.

I do not agree that we should drop the Dynamic Registration Management 
draft from the WG items list.

  -- Justin

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 11:30:38 -0600

Unfortunately I won't be in Toronto for #90 due to a conflict that week
with the Cloud Identity Summit <http://www.cloudidentitysummit.com>.

Hopefully nothing will come up from the IESG on the assertion bundle but I
trust Mike can handle it, if something requiring agenda time does surface
between now and then.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]
> wrote:

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 13:54:19 -0400

By the way, I will also not likely be in Toronto for most of the week due to the same conflict (thanks a lot, Ping), but I might be able to make it in time for the Thursday meeting depending on how travel arrangements get sorted out.

 — Justin

On Jul 3, 2014, at 1:30 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unfortunately I won't be in Toronto for #90 due to a conflict that week with the Cloud Identity Summit.
> 
> Hopefully nothing will come up from the IESG on the assertion bundle but I trust Mike can handle it, if something requiring agenda time does surface between now and then.
> 
> 
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

---

From: Bill Mills <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 10:57:32 -0700

I just started a new job and won't be there, probably not listening in on the chat either....

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:39 AM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi all,

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 14:02:22 -0400

I think you'll be okay time-wise.  Since the JOSE + JWT drafts have been
requested to go as a bundle, I'll have to make sure I get it on a telechat
a little further out because of the amount of reading so the drafts get a
fair review.  We still have to start the IETF last call on those drafts as
well.  We should know more n the timing soon.

I do plan to get the AD reviews out soon for the Oauth drafts that were to
follow the first set.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Nat Sakimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 00:27:56 +0900

I would like to bring up the request by JWS draft http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sakimura-oauth-requrl-05 and Symmetric PoP draft http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sakimura-oauth-tcse-03. 

=nat via iPhone

> On Jul 3, 2014, at 12:14, Justin Richer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Mike is working on editorial updates to the Dynamic Registration core draft, and I and the other editors plan to review the changes soon and we'll get an updated draft published before the deadline this week.
> 
> I will publish a refreshed Token Introspection individual submission ID for input into the WG discussion before the deadline, and I would like to see this become a WG item. It's already been in deployment with a number of implementations for some time now, and I'm seeing only increasing demand for it.
> 
> I do not agree that we should drop the Dynamic Registration Management draft from the WG items list. 
> 
>  -- Justin
>

---

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 01:26:38 +0000

I’d like 10-15 minutes of agenda time to discuss this draft:

·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-oauth-token-exchange-01

I support Nat presenting the two drafts below and the rest of the agenda suggestions that have been made.

I believe we should have an all-up discussion on the next steps for the proof-of-possession drafts, and will contribute, but don’t feel compelled to present.

The one draft that’s pertinent to the proof-of-possession work that I don’t believe has come up in the agenda-setting is http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richer-oauth-signed-http-request-01.  I realize that this might be problematic to discuss, since Justin may not be able to attend, but I wanted us to at least consider whether to include this in the discussions.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Toronto!

                                                            -- Mike

From: OAuth [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nat Sakimura
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2014 8:28 AM
To: Justin Richer
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Agenda requests, please

=nat via iPhone

On Jul 3, 2014, at 12:14, Justin Richer <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Mike is working on editorial updates to the Dynamic Registration core draft, and I and the other editors plan to review the changes soon and we'll get an updated draft published before the deadline this week.

 -- Justin

Hi all,

meeting.

-------- Current WG items -------

* JWT

* Assertion Bundle

discuss open issues.

surface.

-------- Proposed New WG items -------

* Token Introspection

-------- Other items -------

Other ideas/suggestions?

Ciao

Hannes

OAuth mailing list

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth