Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Dynamic Client Registration: Summary

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 15:47:34 +0200

Here is a short summary of the recent conversations regarding the
dynamic client registration draft.

In a nutshell, we will have to put the document on the agenda for the
meeting.

Items discussed on the list:

* IPR confirmation

Include a statement indicating that this specification is a derivative
work from the OpenID Connect Dynamic Registration specification, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13081.html

Btw, only Maciej's confirmation is missing.

* Update of the IANA consideration section

  - change controller:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13049.html (a
plain nit)
  - application_type:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13054.html
(pending on the issue below)

* jwks / jwks_uri

Add clarifying text as discussed in this email list thread (after
discussion):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13052.html

* policy_uri

Add clarifying text as discussed in this email list thread (after
discussion):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13053.html

* application_type

Discussion raised triggered on the mailing list (see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13054.html).
Justin raised concerns about the value of this parameter.

Suggestion to discuss this issue at the IETF meeting.

* client_secret_expires_at

Brian raised a concern about the usefulness of the
client_secret_expires_at, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13095.html

Suggestion to discuss this issue at the IETF meeting.

Ciao
Hannes