Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-25.txt> (JSON Web Token (JWT)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:39:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document:
- 'JSON Web Token (JWT)'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-25.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   JSON Web Token (JWT) is a compact URL-safe means of representing
   claims to be transferred between two parties.  The claims in a JWT
   are encoded as a JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) object that is
   used as the payload of a JSON Web Signature (JWS) structure or as the
   plaintext of a JSON Web Encryption (JWE) structure, enabling the
   claims to be digitally signed or MACed and/or encrypted.

   The suggested pronunciation of JWT is the same as the English word
   "jot".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1968/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1964/