Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 12:54:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client Registration Protocol
        Authors         : Justin Richer
                          Michael B. Jones
                          John Bradley
                          Maciej Machulak
                          Phil Hunt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-19.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2014-08-05

Abstract:
   This specification defines mechanisms for dynamically registering
   OAuth 2.0 clients with authorization servers.  Registration requests
   send a set of desired client metadata values to the authorization
   server and the resulting registration responses return a client
   identifier to use at the authorization server and the client metadata
   values registered for the client.  The client can then use this
   registration information to communicate with the authorization server
   using the OAuth 2.0 protocol.  This specification also defines a set
   of common client metadata fields and values for clients to use during
   registration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Richer, Justin P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 19:58:14 +0000

This update includes the editorial changes discussed in Toronto and on the list, mostly around description of a handful of metadata fields. We added the discussion about redirect URIs to the security considerations section, and removed the "application_type" metadata parameter. We also added informational references to OIDC dynamic registration and UMA to the introduction of the spec. 

Thanks to all who contributed feedback.

 -- Justin

On Aug 5, 2014, at 3:54 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:39:31 +0200

Hi Justin,

thanks for the quick update.

I just double-checked this version of the document with the discussions
we had during the last two months and the necessary clarifications have
been made (as you indicated in your mail below).

I have updated the shepherd write-up, see
https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/blob/master/shepherd-writeups/Writeup_OAuth_DynamicClientRegistration.txt

I will have to send a mail to the IETF IPR lawyer about the copyright
issue and I am also waiting for some links about implementations of the
dynamic client registration document.

Ciao
Hannes