Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Richard Barnes' Discuss on draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-21: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Richard Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:56:40 -0700

Richard Barnes has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-21: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As with draft-ietf-oauth-assertions, the requirement for an <Audience>
element seems entirely unnecessary.  Holding this DISCUSS point pending
that discussion and its reflection in this document.

"Assertions that do not identify the Authorization Server as an intended
audience MUST be rejected." -- What does it mean for an assertion to
"identify the Authorization Server"?  Does the specified <Audience> need
to match the entire URL of the relevant OAuth endpoint?  Just the origin?
 Just the domain?  Does the URL need to be canonicalized?

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:00:49 -0600

Basically the same response to the basically same question as from
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg13608.html

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:36:51 -0700

That's what you get for duplicating all the text :)

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:29:15 -0600

Touché... ;)

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Richard Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Brian Campbell <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>