Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Disable JWK "use" parameter for octet sequence keys?

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:01:18 +0300

A developer working with the Nimbus jose+jwt library raised the question
whether setting of the public "use" [1] parameter should be disabled for
JWKs of type "oct". This appears to make sense, even though the JWA spec
[2] doesn't mention it. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Vladimir

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-40#section-4.2
[2]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-40#section-6.4

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:07:30 -0600

IMHO "use" is less useful for JWKs of type "oct" but not to the point of
disallowing it.

Your question is probably better suited for the JOSE WG list though, rather
than OAUTH.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 4:01 AM, Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

---

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:52:53 +0300

I'm sorry, I've unintentionally posted here instead of to JOSE.

-- 
Vladimir Dzhuvinov :: [email-masked]