Subject: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 7519 on JSON Web Token (JWT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7519

        Title:      JSON Web Token (JWT) 
        Author:     M. Jones, J. Bradley, N. Sakimura
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 63039
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-32.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7519

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7519

JSON Web Token (JWT) is a compact, URL-safe means of representing
claims to be transferred between two parties.  The claims in a JWT
are encoded as a JSON object that is used as the payload of a JSON
Web Signature (JWS) structure or as the plaintext of a JSON Web
Encryption (JWE) structure, enabling the claims to be digitally
signed or integrity protected with a Message Authentication Code
(MAC) and/or encrypted.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC