Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Document Action: 'OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client Registration Management Protocol' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-management-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 11:01:52 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client Registration Management Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-management-15.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-management/

Technical Summary

   This is an experimental draft.

   The OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client Registration Management Protocol 
   defines methods for management of dynamic OAuth 2.0 client 
   registrations for use cases in which the properties of a
   registered client may need to be changed during the lifetime of 
   the client.

Working Group Summary

  The content of this specification was initially included in the 
  Dynamic Client Registration specification. As result of discussions 
  within the working group it was decided to separate the optional 
  management functionality from the core registration specification. 
  
  There was sentiment in the working group that other management 
  solutions may be viable as well. It was therefore decided that 
  the wider community would benefit from the documented protocol 
  as a means to gain implementation and deployment experience. 

Document Quality

  There are implementations available of the specifications and all 
  OpenID Connect implementations will support a subset of the
  functionality. 

Personnel

  Hannes Tschofenig is the document shepherd and Kathleen Moriarty is the 
  responsible area director. 

IANA Note

  Designated Expert review is required to add the requested 
  registry entries on the mailing list: [email-masked]
  for all specifications provided.