Subject: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 7522 on Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 Profile for OAuth 2.0 Client Authentication and Authorization Grants

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:42:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7522

        Title:      Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 
                    2.0 Profile for OAuth 2.0 Client 
                    Authentication and Authorization Grants 
        Author:     B. Campbell, C. Mortimore, M. Jones
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33890
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-23.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7522

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7522

This specification defines the use of a Security Assertion Markup
Language (SAML) 2.0 Bearer Assertion as a means for requesting an
OAuth 2.0 access token as well as for client authentication.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC