Subject: [OAUTH-WG] HTTP signing spec typo

From: "Brock Allen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 17:57:31 -0500

In section 3.2 under calculating header list hash, there's an example of
hashed headers. For the values:

content-type: application/json

etag: 742-3u8f34-3r2nvv3

this is shown as the example:

"h": [["content-type", "etag"],
"bZA981YJBrPlIzOvplbu3e7ueREXXr38vSkxIBYOaxI"]

I believe the hashed value is incorrect. The hash above is correct if the
headers use "\r\n" as the separator, but the spec says to only use "\n". If
only "\n" is used as the separator then (from my calculations) the hash
value should be "P6z5XN4tTzHkfwe3XO1YvVUIurSuhvh_UG10N_j-aGs". 

I'd love to get confirmation if I'm right/wrong. If I get a +1, then I'll
submit a PR to the spec in Justin's repo (unless he beats me to it).

One additional comment: It was not explicit in the spec that text encodings
should be ASCII. It might be helpful to make that explicit, as I incorrectly
assumed UTF8 (and spun my wheels for an hour or so).

Also, FWIW, I'm working on (well really, almost done with) a .NET
implementation of this spec. I'd love to know how much churn we expect on
the RFC. Also working with me on this is Dominick who adding the PoP support
to our IdentityServer3 implementation.

Thanks!

-Brock