Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Encoding claims in the OAuth 2 state parameter using a JWT and Stateless Client Identifier for OAuth 2: Call for Adoption Finalized

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 20:26:44 +0100

Hi all,

On January 19th I posted a call for adoption of the 'Encoding claims in
the OAuth 2 state parameter using a JWT' and of the 'Stateless Client
Identifier for OAuth 2' specifications, see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg15406.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg15407.html

Only Mike and John responded to the call on the mailing list. The lack
of feedback may indicate that this is not important or that the value of
the document has not been understood. Maybe there have also been too
many other items on the plate (and given the list traffic I have seen in
the last few weeks on the OAuth list this wouldn't be such a far-fetched
thought).

Given the feedback I have received privately I have a hard time to
believe that there is no interest in these two items.

Here is what we will do: we will talk to the document authors in an
attempt to reposition the documents (and maybe change title, abstract
and intro). Then, we will come back to the group to gauge the reaction.

Ciao
Hannes & Derek