Subject: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 7800 on Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 17:14:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7800

        Title:      Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON 
                    Web Tokens (JWTs) 
        Author:     M. Jones, J. Bradley, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33625
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-proof-of-possession-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7800

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7800

This specification describes how to declare in a JSON Web Token (JWT)
that the presenter of the JWT possesses a particular proof-of-
possession key and how the recipient can cryptographically confirm
proof of possession of the key by the presenter.  Being able to prove
possession of a key is also sometimes described as the presenter
being a holder-of-key.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC