Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth 2.0 for broadcasters

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:47:40 +0200

Hi all,

End of April I had the chance to talk to Michael Barroco (from the
European Broadcasting Union) and to Chris Needham (from the BBC)
regarding their use of OAuth 2.0 for broadcasters.

In March Michael dropped a mail to the OAuth mailing list to make us
aware of their work, see
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg15969.html

The specification they are working on is based on the OAuth Device flow.

Michael and Chris walked me through a slide deck offering me more
background regarding their work. (I will upload the slide deck to our
Wiki but the IETF meeting site seems to be down at the moment.)

In addition to the specification code and tutorials have been developed
and you can find them here:
https://github.com/ebu/cpa-tutorial
https://tech.ebu.ch/code

I gave Chris & Michael an update of what we are doing in the OAuth
working group since I believe some of our currently chartered items
could be relevant for them, such as the native apps BCP or the PoP/Token
Binding work. I also mentioned that we are looking for feedback from
their group on the Device Flow specification.

Ciao
Hannes