Subject: [OAUTH-WG] nit RFC 7662 Errata?

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:37:21 -0600

Because of my earlier message about act and may_act also being registered
for Introspection Endpoint responses
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg16429.html> I was
looking at the IANA Considerations of RFC 7662 and it seems like some text
in the 2nd paragraph of Sec 3.1
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662#section-3.1> was inadvertently copied
from the IANA Considerations RFC 7591 / Token Introspection
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7591#section-4.1> and not changed to match
the new context.

The text in Token Introspection says, "OAuth registration client metadata
names and descriptions are registered..." which doesn't seem right. I'd
expect it to say something like, "OAuth token introspection response
parameters are registered...".

Is this the sort of thing that should be reported as errata?

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:02:12 -0600

Some good irony in that message as I made a very similar mistake. The "IANA
Considerations RFC 7591 / Token Introspection" link/text should say "IANA
Considerations RFC 7591 / Client Registration
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7591#section-4.1>".

Sigh.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662#section-3.1> was inadvertently
> copied from the IANA Considerations RFC 7591 / Token Introspection
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7591#section-4.1> and not changed to
> match the new context.
>

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 18:18:38 -0400

It’s definitely a mistake, and I think an errata is the right track for it. Not positive though — chairs? 

 — Justin

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 5:02 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Some good irony in that message as I made a very similar mistake. The "IANA Considerations RFC 7591 / Token Introspection" link/text should say "IANA Considerations RFC 7591 / Client Registration <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7591#section-4.1>".
> 
> Sigh.  
> 
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> Because of my earlier message about act and may_act also being registered for Introspection Endpoint responses <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg16429.html> I was looking at the IANA Considerations of RFC 7662 and it seems like some text in the 2nd paragraph of Sec 3.1 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7662#section-3.1> was inadvertently copied from the IANA Considerations RFC 7591 / Token Introspection <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7591#section-4.1> and not changed to match the new context. 
> 
> The text in Token Introspection says, "OAuth registration client metadata names and descriptions are registered..." which doesn't seem right. I'd expect it to say something like, "OAuth token introspection response parameters are registered...". 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth