Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Shepherd Writeup for OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:30:16 +0200

Hi all,

Here is the shepherd writeup for the native apps document:
https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/blob/master/shepherd-writeups/Writeup_OAuth_NativeApps.txt

There are only a few minor things missing:

1) I haven't received a response from William on my IPR confirmation
question (as far as I can tell):
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg16672.html

2) The document lacks an IANA Considerations section. Please add one and
indicate that there are no actions for IANA.

3) There is an unused reference in the document, namely RFC 6819

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 12:33:59 -0600

I believe there are a few small WGLC comments outstanding too.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>
>

---

From: John Bradley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:06:47 -0300

A updated draft with the IANA section and comments addressed will be out shortly.

We will try to get it out today or early tomorrow.

John B.

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 3:33 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/blob/master/shepherd-writeups/Writeup_OAuth_NativeApps.txt <https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/blob/master/shepherd-writeups/Writeup_OAuth_NativeApps.txt>
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg16672.html <https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg16672.html>
> 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth>
> 
>

---

From: William Denniss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:32:30 -0700

Thank you for the write-up Hannes.

Version 04 adds an IANA consideration section as promised. In reviewing the
IANA considerations, I added a normative reference to RFC7595 where private
use of the URI namespace is defined (and which were compliant with already
– but I made that more clear as well).

RFC6819 is now informatively referenced.

I went over the ID-nits checklist and cleaned up some of the less stable
informative references based on that. I also did a general editing pass to
clean up some of the rough edges.

I believe all 3 points are addressed now.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 12:06 PM, John Bradley <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-ids/blob/
>> master/shepherd-writeups/Writeup_OAuth_NativeApps.txt
>>