Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 13:21:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and Certificate-Bound Access Tokens
        Authors         : Brian Campbell
                          John Bradley
                          Nat Sakimura
                          Torsten Lodderstedt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2019-04-11

Abstract:
   This document describes OAuth client authentication and certificate-
   bound access and refresh tokens using mutual Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) authentication with X.509 certificates.  OAuth clients are
   provided a mechanism for authentication to the authorization server
   using mutual TLS, based on either self-signed certificates or public
   key infrastructure (PKI).  OAuth authorization servers are provided a
   mechanism for binding access tokens to a client's mutual TLS
   certificate, and OAuth protected resources are provided a method for
   ensuring that such an access token presented to it was issued to the
   client presenting the token.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:31:56 -0600

Draft -14 of "OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and
Certificate-Bound Access Tokens" has been published. The changes in -14
(listed below) are editorial only and aim to provide some additional
clarity around some recent small points of confusion and discussion.

draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14
   o  Editorial clarifications around there being only a single subject
      registered/configured per client for the tls_client_auth method.
   o  Add a brief explanation about how, with tls_client_auth and
      self_signed_tls_client_auth, refresh tokens are certificate-bound
      indirectly via the client authentication.
   o  Add mention of refresh tokens in the abstract.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and
Certificate-Bound Access Tokens
        Authors         : Brian Campbell
                          John Bradley
                          Nat Sakimura
                          Torsten Lodderstedt
        Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-14.txt
        Pages           : 30
        Date            : 2019-04-11

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._