Subject: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth 2.0 UI/UX Resources?

From: Daniel Roesler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 09:25:51 -0500

Howdy all,

Apologies if this is slightly off topic.

I'm a part of the Green Button Alliance, the non-profit standards body
around sharing energy data, and the customer consent process is based
on OAuth 2.0 (e.g. granting access to your smart meter data in order
to have an energy audit done).

However, most utilities we work with are unfamiliar with OAuth 2.0, so
we often have to explain how it works and what the best practices are.
There are plenty of resources we can point them to for the actual
protocol handshake, but I haven't been able to find any resources
around best practices for designing the user interface and experience
of OAuth. Unfortunately, in the energy industry, UI/UX design isn't
our strong suit, so it would be very helpful if we had design
lessons-learned from other industries to use as a reference.

Does anyone here know of any resources, talks, blog posts, examples,
etc. for making good OAuth 2.0 UI/UX?

Thanks!
Daniel Roesler

---

From: Filip Skokan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 16:50:58 +0200

Hello Daniel,

you may gather inspiration and explore Auth0's flows all-in-one page at
https://flows.auth0.com

Best,
*Filip Skokan*

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 16:26, Daniel Roesler <daniel=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>