Subject: [OAUTH-WG] oauth-jwsreq & parameter registration

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 06:42:33 -0600

In the WG meeting yesterday I mentioned that I thought there might have had
been some action already taken with respect to "JWT Secured Authorization
Request (JAR)" and the potential name conflicts between authorization
parameters and JWT claims.

I tracked down this ticket in the OpenID Connect WG
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1019/core-iana-consideration,
which touches on the issue but it doesn't look like any action has actually
been taken.

I do think that what is mentioned in the ticket (effectively registering
some core "meta" JWT claims as authorization request parameters) is
pragmatic and sufficient.

As one data point, as far as I know, "aud" is the only name where we've
actually encountered this particular name collision problem.

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._