Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:16:31 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 2.1.2.

Suggest using the IPv6 Address Text Representation described in RFC5952 instead
of using the representations described in RFC4291 section 2.2. The canonical
representation described in RFC5952 makes it easier to compare two IPv6 address
strings which is probably something you want to do while doing mutual
authentication.

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:51:43 -0600

Thanks Suresh, I'll consider using RFC5952 there as I try and work though
some other comments on that parameter in that section.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM Suresh Krishnan via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:37:42 -0600

Thanks again for the suggestion Suresh. The switch to use RFC5952 is now in
the document https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-17