Subject: PGP/MIME: Last-minute editorial nits.

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:06:07 +0200

I'll put the following last-minute changes which have not yet been
discussed or announced here into draft-ietf-openpgp-mime-06.txt:

- Replace OpenPGP Working Group by Network Working Group (Since
  that's what's on RFCs).

- Fix the copyright notes to say Copyright (C) ISOC 2001 (instead of
  2000).

- In section 5 (OpenPGP signed data), paragraph 2, I'd like to
  change the wording like this:
  
   The "micalg" parameter for the "application/pgp-signature" protocol
   MUST contain exactly one hash-symbol of the format
  -"pgp-<hash-symbol>", where <hash-symbol> identifies the Message
  +"pgp-<hash-identifier>", where <hash-identifier> identifies the
   Message Integrity Check (MIC) algorithm used to generate the
   signature. Hash-symbols are constructed from the text names
   registered in [1] or according to the mechanism defined in that
   document by converting

  This is to avoid any confusion which may be caused by the fact
  that, in the old wording, hash-symbol refers to pgp-md5 as well as
  to md5.

John: I hope the last change is within the limits of due process for
things which can be done after Last Call.  Please send me a short
confirmation of that; I'll then finally submit draft-06. ;-)

Thanks,
-- 
Thomas Roessler			    <[email-masked]>

---

From: John W Noerenberg II <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:55:37 -0700

>confirmation of that; I'll then finally submit draft-06. ;-)

This was just dandy. <grin>
-- 

john noerenberg
[email-masked]
   --------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Peace of mind isn't at all superficial, really.  It's the whole thing.
   That which produces it is good maintenance; that which disturbs it
   is poor maintenance.
   -- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig, 1974
   --------------------------------------------------------------------------