Subject: Re: SHA256 ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:43:51 -0700

[email-masked] writes:
> there is OIDs for SHA256, SHA384, SHA512 !
>
>    The ASN.1 OIDs are:
>      - SHA256:     2.16.840.1.101.3.4.2.1
>      - SHA384:     2.16.840.1.101.3.4.2.2
>      - SHA512:     2.16.840.1.101.3.4.2.3

This sounds plausible, although I haven't found an exact reference
for it.

2.16.840.1.101 is the U.S. Government
2.16.840.1.101.3 is CSOR, the Computer Security Objects Register.  Its
home is http://csrc.nist.gov/csor/.

nistAlgorithms is {csor 4}, defined at http://csrc.nist.gov/csor/algorithms.htm.
However while that page defines the .0 and .1 subtrees under
nistAlgorithms (.1 being AES), it does not define the .2 values used
above.  But that is about where we would expect to see the new SHA OIDs,
so probably these pages have just not been updated yet.

Hal

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:10:30 +0200

> so probably these pages have just not been updated yet.

they realy are not listed there yet...

I found these OIDs in IEEE P1363a Draft D7.9:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1363/P1363a/draft.html

== <EOF> ==
Disastry
http://i.am/disastry/