Subject: bis04: Armor headers w/ non-us-ascii values

From: Marc Mutz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:28:03 +0200

Hi!

I'm missing a clear note that Armor Headers SHOULD (or even MUST) be US-ASCII 
only (key and esp. value). We discussed the problem a few months ago. Non 
US-ASCII header values conflict with the intend of ascii armoring and with 
rfc3156, which states that application/pgp* always are 7bit. 
app/pgp-signature and app/pgp-keys are the ones that are actually affected.

Problematic headers include "Comment" (which e.g. gnupg allows the user to 
specify) and "Version" (where localized).

Marc

- -- 
Marc Mutz <[email-masked]>

---

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:13:15 +0200

On 2002-04-17 14:28:03 +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:

>only (key and esp. value). 

MUST.

-- 
Thomas Roessler                        <[email-masked]>