Subject: sha-1 protected test key

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:57:15 +0200

Hi!

I implemented the new SHA-1 checksum for secret keys.  2 files
protected with this new method are attached: Romeo uses CAST5 and
Sierra AES.  The passphrase for both is "test". 

Note, that the keys are the regular GnuPG demo keys, so take care if
you are already using these keys.

  Werner

---

From: "Imad R. Faiad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:52:30 +0200

Hello,

Can you please advise what do you mean by
"sha-1 protected key"?  As I see no such
term anywhere in RFC440-bis04.

TIA

Imad R. Faiad

---

From: Timo Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:47:45 +0200

> term anywhere in RFC440-bis04.

In section 5.5.3. Secret Key Packet Formats

      - If the string-to-key usage octet was 255, then a two-octet
       checksum of the plaintext of the algorithm-specific portion (sum
       of all octets, mod 65536). If the string-to-key usage octet was
       254, then a 20-octet SHA-1 hash of the plaintext of the
       algorithm-specific portion. This checksum or hash is encrypted
       together with the algorithm-specific fields.

        Timo