Subject: Two more items

From: David Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:24:26 -0400

My apologies.  I missed these two items when I last proofread:

****************************

Sections 5.6 (Compressed Data Packet), 5.7 (Symmetrically Encrypted
Data Packet), 5.13 (Sym. Encrypted Integrity Protected Data Packet)
all indicate that they can contain more than one literal packet.  This
makes sense for encrypting multiple files together, and both PGP and
GnuPG correctly handle messages with multiple literal packets.

However, the grammar in section 10.2 defines a "Literal Message" as a
single literal packet:

  Literal Message :- Literal Data Packet.

I suggest a small change to make the grammar match the rest of the
document (and reality):

  Literal Message :- Literal Data Packet |
                     Literal Message, Literal Data Packet.

****************************

Section 10.2 (OpenPGP Messages) has a blank line in the middle of the
paragraph beginning "In addition, decrypting a Symmetrically Encrypted
Data Packet".

****************************

David

---

From: David Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:31:09 -0400

> My apologies.  I missed these two items when I last proofread:

I should clarify exactly what I tested here.  Both PGP (8) and GnuPG
worked properly with an encrypted message that contained two literal
packets.  That is to say, a regular public key encrypted message
except that the encrypted data packet contained two literal packets
instead of one.

David