Subject: Re: multiple signature packets

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:26:04 -0700

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:03:57 -0700 David Shaw <[email-masked]>
wrote:

[...]

>> are multiple simultaneous signatures acceptable Open PGP behavior
>?
>
>The first example you gave was of a nested one-pass signature, and
>the
>second example was a clearsigned message with two signatures after
>it.
>
>While it is unfortunate that 6.5.8 can't handle them, both of these
>constructions are legal in OpenPGP (as per sections 5.4 and 7).

6.5.8 can handle all except the clearsigned messages
(btw, 7.xx acts like 8, and handles everything)

is there a gnupg command syntax that would allow for a nested one pass
signature during clearsigning ?

{not suggesting it, as 6.5.8 can handle the armored signing, so it is
compatible enough,
but am curious if it could somehow be done)

tia,

vedaal

Concerned about your privacy? Follow this link to get
FREE encrypted email: https://www.hushmail.com/?l=2

Free, ultra-private instant messaging with Hush Messenger
https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434

Promote security and make money with the Hushmail Affiliate Program: 
https://www.hushmail.com/about.php?subloc=affiliate&l=427

---

From: David Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:05:52 -0400

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 07:26:04AM -0700, [email-masked] wrote:

> is there a gnupg command syntax that would allow for a nested one
> pass signature during clearsigning ?

There is no such concept.  All clear signatures by their nature (being
a signature that can be processed in one pass, by specifying the hash
before the data begins) are one pass.

David