Subject: draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-12 5.2.3

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:32:50 +0000

5.2.3 refers to two groups of subpackets, each of which is preceded by a 
two byte count. 5.2.3.1 then says:

    The subpacket fields consist of zero or more signature subpackets.
    Each set of subpackets is preceded by a two-octet scalar count of
    the length of the set of subpackets.

I assume this count is the same count as referred to in 5.2.3, but it is 
unclear (at least to me). Perhaps it would be better if instead of:

      - Two-octet scalar octet count for following hashed subpacket
        data. Note that this is the length in octets of all of the
        hashed subpackets; a pointer incremented by this number will
        skip over the hashed subpackets.

      - Hashed subpacket data. (zero or more subpackets)

      - Two-octet scalar octet count for following unhashed subpacket
        data. Note that this is the length in octets of all of the
        unhashed subpackets; a pointer incremented by this number will
        skip over the unhashed subpackets.

      - Unhashed subpacket data. (zero or more subpackets)

in 5.2.3, there was:

      - Hashed subpacket data set.

      - Unhashed subpacket data set.

and in 5.2.3.1:

A subpacket data set consists of zero or more signature subpackets, 
preceded by a two-octet scalar count of the length in octets of all the 
subpackets; a pointer incremented by this number will skip over the 
subpacket data set.

Cheers,

Ben.

-- 
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff