Subject: Re: Some -15 text nits

From: [email-masked] ("Hal Finney")
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:47:28 -0800 (PST)

Jon writes:
> fixed. Here's what they say now:
>
>     0x18: Subkey Binding Signature
>         This signature is a statement by the top-level signing key that
>         indicates that it owns the subkey. This signature is calculated
>         directly on the primary key and subkey, not on any User ID or
>         other packets. A signature that binds a signing subkey MUST have
>         an embedded signature subpacket in this binding signature which
>         contains a 0x19 signature made by the signing subkey on the
>         primary key.
>
>     0x19 Primary Key Binding Signature
>         This signature is a statement by a signing subkey, indicating
>         that it is owned by the primary key and subkey. This signature
>         is calculated directly on the primary key itself, and not on any
>         User ID or other packets.

This last sentence is not right.  Perhaps surprisingly, Primary Key Binding
Signatures (which are issued by subkeys) hash both the primary and subkey
packet bodies.

Hal