Subject: Questions about some signature subpackets

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:22:15 +0100

Hi everybody.

I've got a question about some signature subpackets: Especially key
expiration time (9) and key flags (27). According to the standard
they're allowed on selfsigs (this includes the sigtypes 0x10-0x13, 0x1F
and the 0x18).
Ok most implementations (like gnupg) put this on a 0x13-type signature.

Why is it allowed to put key-expiration-time and key-flags on 0x10-0x13?
I think for the primary key only a 0x1F sig is suited.
When specifing things like features or preferred algorithms, one can
imagine that each user has different settings. But is there any case
where User IDs could/should specify different key-flags and/or
key-expiration-time? If so, could you tell me such an example?

Best wishes,
Christoph Anton Mitterer.

btw: Wouldn't it be good to introduce other User Attribute Image Formats
(especially PNG and JPEG2000)? Perhaps it would be even a good idea to
add new User Attribute Types, like one for XMPP (Jabber) addresses (this
has been standardized by the IETF...).