Subject: bis17 is out

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:03:01 -0700

It includes all the changes to bis16, as well as one other; a new  
section to 12.

The problem is that OpenPGP uses PKCS#1, and the most recent PKCS#1  
RFC, 3447 changes some conventions. For our purposes, the obsoleted  
one, 2437, is most correct. Normative references to an obsolete RFC  
are a problem, so we put in a section to describe how we do it, while  
making proper reference to 3447.

As part of this, I changed all uses of "PKCS-1" to "PKCS#1" as that  
seems to be the most proper thing to call it. I missed one of these,  
which will be changed in bis18.

	Jon

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 09:30:51 -0400

> which will be changed in bis18.

It seems like we've made it through WGLC with no substantive issues.
So I hereby call 2440bis "done".  I'll formerly request that Sam
present it to the IESG later this week.

Jon, if you intend to issue a bis18 then I'll wait, but if it's just
a simple edit we could send bis17 with the editor note to make the
change you missed.  Please let me know your intension.

> 	Jon

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:02:27 -0700

> change you missed.  Please let me know your intension.

The latter. The *only* change is the one place where "PKCS-1" should  
be "PKCS#1". The RFC editor can do that (they'll do their own edits  
as it is), and even if it becomes an RFC with that flaw, it's a good  
flaw to have.

	Jon