Subject: Re: Topic/Speaker requests for Montreal

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:10:10 -0400

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 08:44:17 -0400 Derek Atkins <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

>Now is the time to revive those drafts that we sidelined to get
>2440bis out the door.  Topics that have been brought to my 
>attention
>(and that I recall at the moment):
>
>  PFS
>  Alternate Ciphers
>  OpenPGP Mail Header
>  IPsec

would like to suggest/request the topic of 'Deniable 
Authentication'

specifically, the Ian Brown - Adam Back  proposed solution
of a signature on the session key hashed with recipient's public 
key

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Brown/nts.htm

as it would involve the addition of a new packet type,
rather than changing any existing packets,
it might not be as difficult to incorporate into open-pgp

Thanks,

vedaal

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

Get the best prices on SSL certificates from Hushmail
https://www.hushssl.com?l=485

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:44:20 +0100

> http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Brown/nts.htm

Grrr, it uses the "non-repudiation" word.

But, sounds like a good idea to me.

-- 
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff