Subject: Encrypted Integrity Protected Data Packet, and MDC packet

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:18:51 -0400

in rfc 2440 bis-18,

the way that the symmetric integrity protected data packet, and mdc 
packets are described, (sections 5.13, 5.14),

it assumes that the hash used in these packets, is SHA-1

is this a 'MUST',
or can any open-pgp hash be used?

vedaal

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

Get the best prices on SSL certificates from Hushmail
https://www.hushssl.com?l=485

---

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:45:29 +0200

> it assumes that the hash used in these packets, is SHA-1

Yes. To avoid rollback attacks.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner