Subject: Re: Multiple encryption subkeys

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:22:28 -0500

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:49:31 -0500 Ingo Klöcker <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

>> (iirc, it's still not in the gpg manpage ;-) ),
>
>Fresh from the gpg manpage (version 1.4.2):
>
>Note that you can append an exclamation mark (!) to key IDs or 
>fingerprints. This flag tells GnuPG to use the specified primary 
>or 
>secondary key and not to try and calculate which primary or 
>secondary 
>key to use.

hmm,

i don't have the docs for 1.4.2 anymore ...

i couldn't find it in the manpage for 1.4.5 or 1.4.6
(and did a search for all '!'
and looked at all the instances of '!'
and the quote you mentioned isn't there)

is there a different manpage (gpg.man) for windows and for linux?

tia,

vedaal

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

Get the best prices on SSL certificates from Hushmail
https://www.hushssl.com?l=485

---

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:49:10 +0100

> and the quote you mentioned isn't there)

It changed to this:

    When  using  gpg  an  exclamation  mark may be appended to force
    using the specified primary or secondary key and not to try  and
    calculate which primary or secondary key to use.

However this is a bit off-topic.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner