Subject: Referencs for rfc2440bis

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:54:14 -0400

Hi folks.

I've reviewed the normative and informative references for rfc2440bis
and have a few concerns.  Some of these were introduced in response to
last call comments, but I think the fix may be wrong.

First, may I suggest we replace the aes reference with:

   [AES]	 NIST, FIPS PUB 197, "Advanced Encryption Standard
   		 (AES)," November 2001.
   		 http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/
   		 fips-197.{ps,pdf}

RFC 1951 is listed as an informative refernec.  However as best I can
tell RFC 1951 is normative and needs to be moved to the normative
references section.

I believe that RFC 2119 and 2434 need to be moved to the normative
references section.  No I don't know why; it's always done that way.

I realize that RFC 1951 is an informational RFC.  I'll deal with that.

If the authors could make these changes I can bring this to the IESG.
I'm sorry for the delay I've introduced.

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:30:35 -0700

> I'm sorry for the delay I've introduced.

I can handle that. Please realize that 1991 and 2434 were moved to  
informative from normative because the GEN-ART review insisted on it.  
I'm happy to move them back. It would, however, be nice to -- well,  
you know.

I will submit another draft.

	Jon

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:23:02 -0700

Sam, I sent in bis-22. It has your changes and the other IESG changes  
(change "preferred" to "RECOMMENDED" in section on new/old header  
types, and formatting error on header of Security Considerations.)

	Thank you for all your work,
	Jon