Subject: New Draft on its way

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:06:15 -0700

I'm going to be submitting bis21 shortly. This has the following  
changes in it:

* Working author email address for Rodney Thayer.

* Additional notes from IANA comments, as well as some reworking.  
Reserved signature subpacket types are explicitly marked reserved,  
there are notes in section 9 that make things more clear, and  
sections 10.4 through 10.6 have been moved to the end of section 13  
because they are not IANA considerations per se, but considerations  
that future work should pay attention to. I also changed "upwards- 
compatible" to "backwards-compatible" in the meta-considerations  
section, because that seems better to me.

I apologize about confusion about the last couple drafts. I was  
accidentally omitted from the email from IANA. About the time that  
they sent it, I sent out bis20, which had corrections from other IETF  
Last Call comments. The coincidence in timing meant that many people  
thought I was strangely not including IANA comments. I was confused  
about why people were confused. I think we're all no longer confused,  
and I think that this is a wrap. My fingers are crossed.

	Jon

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:20:24 -0400

Jon,

Can you please hold off on submitting the new draft for now?
We should be on the next IESG telechat with -20, and I wouldn't
want to derail it.  Now, if Sam says it's okay to submit -21
then let's go ahead, but otherwise we should just hold onto it
and then we can feed the IESG comments into a new draft and either
send the diffs or a new document as necessary.

Thanks,

-derek

Quoting Jon Callas <[email-masked]>:

>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: PGP Universal 2.6.0
> Charset: US-ASCII
>
> wj8DBQFGGtT3sTedWZOD3gYRAlZSAKC9sVJnzMGxekIO1+a62z/810fRwQCgsjmf
> vSNpf3d4p4GHbcQ2kPy49j8=
> =1Wz2
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>

-- 
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [email-masked]                        PGP key available

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:38:33 -0700

> send the diffs or a new document as necessary.

Sorry, too late. I can ask the ID desk to hold it, but it's in.

	Jon

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:09:25 -0400

> Sorry, too late. I can ask the ID desk to hold it, but it's in.

Well, we'll see what Sam has to say.  PGP isn't on the agenda
for the 4/19 meeting, yet, so reviewing -21 might be okay.  But
it's up to Sam.

Sam?

-derek

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:01:01 -0400

Hi.  Sending the new draft was fine in this instance.  I'm sorry there
are so many picky and confusing rules about when it's OK and when it
is not.  Basically the best way is to coordinate with the AD after
publication request.

I briefly reviewed the diffs in 20 before pulling it from the agenda.
The reason I pulled it is that it looked like references required to
implement the spec were moved from normative to informative
(presumably in response to last call/genart comments).  I suspect that
this was wrong and need to go back and confirm what is going on.  I
don't think I will get to this today; I'm trying for tomorrow.

--Sam