Subject: Anyone up for an OpenPGP Object Format RFC?

From: "Rachel Willmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:31:17 +0100

So, if you've been paying attention in the previous thread, you'll
gather I think we should have a common standard for file formats for
common OpenPGP objects such as encrypted files, signed files, and
keyrings.

Anyone from the other implementation teams interested in writing an
RFC with me to cover this?

Rachel

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 18:55:06 -0400

Hi,

> RFC with me to cover this?

 I wouldn't call it an "OpenPGP Object Format".  If you want to call
it a "Framing Method for Storing Multiple OpenPGP Messages in a Single
File", that it probably more accurate to the problem at hand.  This
would certainly parallel something like "OpenPGP in XMPP" (which I
mentioned in an earlier email).

I'm certainly willing to listen to the WG to see if others think
that we really need such a draft.

> Rachel

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant