Subject: [openpgp] Making keysteak from 0xdeadbeef

From: David Leon Gil <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 18:33:59 -0400

> From: Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>
> To: David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com>
> Cc: IETF OpenPGP Working Group <ietf-openpgp at imc.org>
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:22:40 +0100
> In-reply-to: <D8E81788-AF18-448F-BA39-56185C1F0672 at jabberwocky.com>
> (David Shaw's message of "Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:12:20 -0500")
> References: <D8E81788-AF18-448F-BA39-56185C1F0672 at jabberwocky.com>
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:12, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:
>

> Disabling v3 import and an option to enable such imports seems to be
> justified and is easy to implement.
>

Any progress on this?

I thought that part of the recent keyserver filter patch set was supposed
to prevent this when retrieving keys from keyservers, generally.

Thought I'd note on this list, for the record, that I have a
proof-of-concept keyserver-in-the-middle that 0xdeadbeefs on demand for
testing against:

https://github.com/coruus/cooperpair/tree/master/keysteak

Seems to still work on latest released GnuPG.

-dlg