Subject: [openpgp] draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-04

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 18:29:22 +0100

Hi!

I just published version 04 of rfc4880bis:

<https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-04.txt>

In case you want to look at the diff to -03 in a browser:

<https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-04.txt>

See https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis for the repo.

Changes since -03:

- Additional data for AEAD has been changed to include only the packet
  tag but not the packet length.

- Chunked AEAD mode is not used with SKESK and Secret-Key packets.

- Examples for AD are provided.

- Protocol numbers for AEDH and AEDSA are reserved.

- TripleDES as implicit preference and mandatory algorithm has been
  replaced by AES-128.

- RSA and ECDSA are now mandatory.

- DSA and Elgamal are now optional.

Note that the last 3 changes have not explicitly been discussed in the
WG.  The reservation of AEDH and AEDSA was requested by Derek back in
April 2016, I decided to include them so that they don't get lost.

Current GnuPG master has support for AEAD encryption except for the
protection of secret-keys.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

-- 
Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.