Subject: [openpgp] Very basic support for the AEAD proposal in GnuPG

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 17:11:57 +0100

Hi!

I just pushed my first take on AEAD support for bulk data encryption to
GnuPG master.  Not well tested and only tested with OCB.  Fortunately
patches for EAX also landed in Libgcrypt master this weekend.  Thus
using libgcrypt from master with the lasted patches should allow for EAX
encryption as well (no need for --aead-algo in this case).

    This code has seen only a very few manual tests.  Encrypting always
    uses a 64k chunks and decryption has not been tested with larger
    chunks.  Those small chunks make debugging much faster.
    
    Tests can be done using:
    
      gpg --rfc4880bis --pinentry-mode=loopback --passphrase abc \
          --force-aead --aead-algo ocb --s2k-mode 0 --cipher AES \
          -v -z 0 --status-fd 2 -c <INFILE >OUTFILE
    
    and
    
      gpg --rfc4880bis --pinentry-mode=loopback --passphrase=abc \
          --status-fd 2 -v -d <INFILE >OUTFILE
    
Public key encryption should also work but I didn't test that yet.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

-- 
Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.