Subject: [openpgp] 25519 curve identifiers

From: Marcus Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 12:09:38 +0200

Hi,

currently, RFC4480bis specifies these curve identifiers:

1.3.6.1.4.1.11591.15.1   Ed25519
1.3.6.1.4.1.3029.1.5.1   Curve25519

These identifiers are a patchwork of private enterprise identifiers
(Werner Koch/GNU and Peter Gutmann/cryptlib resp.).

A more consistent effort is currently underway to specify curve
identifiers for these and two more variants in:

Algorithm Identifiers for Ed25519, Ed448, X25519 and X448 for use in the
Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-pkix

   id-X25519    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { 1 3 101 110 }
   id-X448      OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { 1 3 101 111 }
   id-Ed25519   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { 1 3 101 112 }
   id-Ed448     OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { 1 3 101 113 }

Maybe the working group can consider adopting these along with
clarifying the interpretation of the byte order in cv25519 (see mail
from Apr 9th).

Thanks,
Marcus

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 08:10:11 -0400

Marcus,

Marcus Brinkmann <[email-masked]> writes:

[snip]
> Maybe the working group can consider adopting these along with

I see no harm in adding this.

My view is that we should add these, but of course still allow the old
versions as well.  

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant