Subject: Agenda requests for Atlanta

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 00:34:21 -0500

Hi,

as you might have seen, we're currently scheduled in Atlanta for 
Monday, 11/18, 13:00 - 15:00.

We want to spend some time to address open issues with the currently 
(five) active WG drafts, and then start discussion on the next work 
items, namely the OPES protocol (main focus) and the methods for 
specification of policies/rules.

For the discussion on protocol and policies/rules specification, we're 
now taking agenda/speaker requests. Please submit to Marshall and myself.

-Markus

=========================================================================
*TENTATIVE* AGENDA:
    - Introduction, minutes taker, blue sheets
    - Agenda bashing
    - Discussion of WG documents
      - Status of documents submitted to IESG
        - draft-ietf-opes-scenarios-00.txt
        - draft-ietf-opes-architecture-02.txt
        - draft-ietf-opes-protocol-reqs-01.txt
      - Security Threats and Risks for Open Pluggable Edge Services
        - draft-ietf-opes-threats-00.txt
      - Requirements for Policy, Authorization and Enforcement of OPES
        Services
        - draft-ietf-opes-authorization-00.txt
    - Summary and wrap up of the ICAP discussion to accompany possible
      informational publication of that protocol
      - draft-elson-icap-01.txt
      - draft-stecher-opes-icap-eval-00.txt
    - Next WG items to be worked on (main focus of the meeting!)
      - OPES protocol
      - Methods for spefification of rules/policies

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 00:04:37 -0500

Folks,

so far, we only have *one* speaker each on the protocol issue and the 
policy/rules specification method. If there are no more folks with an 
opinion on these core items of our charter, I'm very concerned about 
the WG!!

It's hard to imagine that no one else has some good thoughts on these 
issues. No one thought about maybe claiming HTTP is the solution to 
all protocol issues? Or stating that the current ICAP is all we need? 
Or the opposite - showing what ICAP is missing? Or maybe someone has 
thought of doing something over BEEP in this context? Or any other 
protocol? What about SOAP/XML, i.e. Web Services? We heard in the past 
this might solve all problems we have? Somebody any thoughts on that?

If so, please get in touch with Marshall and myself so that we can 
set-up an appropriate agenda for Atlanta. If there's no interest at 
all, we can wrap up things very quickly...

Thanks,
   Markus