Subject: Example of SMTP Fan-Out

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:08:48 -0500

Here is a proposal from the FAX work group.  It may be relevant to the question of what SMTP fan-out looks like.  In addition, it shows a protocol that allows the definition of the function (translate) to be different from the function parameters.

draft-fax-esmtp-conneg-06.txt

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:02:14 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Eric Burger wrote:

> Here is a proposal from the FAX work group.  It may be relevant to
> the question of what SMTP fan-out looks like.  In addition, it shows
> a protocol that allows the definition of the function (translate) to
> be different from the function parameters.
>

What an excellent example! We should definitely keep this draft in
mind when building OCP/OPES. It looks like an OPES intermediary should
be able to do the kinds of transformations the draft describes.

Do you know of any real-world support for the SMTP extensions
described in the draft?

Thank you,

Alex.