Subject: NO messages

From: "Martin Stecher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:36:27 +0200

If a callout server supports different services, for example URL blocking and virus checking and if it allows the OPES processor to select the service(s) for the OCP transactions, then it also needs exchange this information in the profile negotiation.

For URL blocking the server is interested in the http://iana.org/opes/ocp/HTTP/request profile and for virus checking it will select the http://iana.org/opes/ocp/HTTP/response profile.

That implies that the NO message needs a services or sg-id parameter, I think.

What do you think?

Regards
Martin

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:17:06 -0600 (MDT)

Martin,

	I feel like the current design is too rigid. You are saying
that it is common for one callout server to support multiple HTTP
adaptations services. And different adaptation services require
different messages or message parts to be exchanged via OCP. Our
current design ties message parts that can be exchanged to one of the
two HTTP profiles. Thus, with the current scheme the only way to
support multiple services that require different parts is to have at
least one OCP connection for each service.

	A possible solution would be to have a single HTTP profile
(that defines what HTTP message parts _can_ be exchanged) and
separately negotiate what services need what parts. Often a service ID
would define the list of parts and no extra negotiation would be
required. Would that work better from your point of view?

Alex.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Martin Stecher wrote:

> If a callout server supports different services, for example URL
> blocking and virus checking and if it allows the OPES processor to
> select the service(s) for the OCP transactions, then it also needs
> exchange this information in the profile negotiation.
>
> For URL blocking the server is interested in the
> http://iana.org/opes/ocp/HTTP/request profile and for virus checking
> it will select the http://iana.org/opes/ocp/HTTP/response profile.
>