Subject: OCP Core version head_sid12 available

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:35:34 -0600 (MDT)

The log of major changes is quoted below. The latest snapshot is at

	http://www.measurement-factory.com/tmp/opes/

Please continue to comment and work on the to-do list. My personal
goal is to finish the bulk of data preservation/copying documentation
by the next release.

Thank you,

Alex.

-------------- change log ----------------

Appendix B. Change Log

 head-sid12

  *  Fixed BNF to remove extra SP and "," in front of structure and
     list values.

  *  Fixed the type of "id" field in a "service" structure.

  *  Documented "sg-id" parameter.

  *  Renamed "copied" to "data-id" so that it can be used by both
     agents. An OPES processor uses named "Copied: data-id"
     parameter and a callout server uses anonymous "data-id"
     parameter (instead of previously documented "copy-am-offset").

  *  Removed "rid" parameter from Negotiation Offer (NO) message as
     unused.

  *  Removed "size" parameter from messages with payload since
     payload syntax includes an explicit size value.

  *  Renamed Data Have (DH) message to Data Use Mine (DUM) message
     to preserve the symmetry with Data Use Yours (DUY) message and
     to prepare for possible addition of Data Check Mine (DCM)
     message.

  *  Finished phasing out the "modified" message parameter.

  *  Added an "As-is" named-parameter to mark adapted pieces of data
     identical to the original.

  *  Replaced a huge "message nesting" figure with a set of short
     specific rules illustrating the same concept. Added a new
     "Exchange Patterns" subsection to accommodate the rules and
     related matters. The figure was not clear enough. Hopefully,
     the rules are.