Subject: OCP Core version head_sid9 available

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:29:59 -0600 (MDT)

The log of major changes is quoted below. The latest snapshot,
including XML sources for those doing hands-on modifications, is
available at

	http://www.measurement-factory.com/tmp/opes/

Please continue to comment and work on the to-do list.

Thank you,

Alex.

-------------- change log ----------------

head-sid9

      *  Added Negotiation and Capability Inquiry sections

      *  Deleted data-end message because AME (Application Message End)
         already does the same thing and because there is no data-start
         message.

      *  Deleted meta-* messages. Data-* messages are now used for both
         metadata and data since OCP does not know the difference, but
         must provide the same exchange mechanism for both.

      *  Use a single message name (short or long, depending on the
         message) instead of using full and abbreviated versions and
         trying to enforce abbreviations on the wire. Be more consistent
         in creating short message names.

      *  Resurrected OCP scope figure based on popular demand.

      *  Applied Martin Stecher comments dated 2003/05/30.