Subject: New OPES Co-Chair

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:07:06 -0400

Folks,

good news - Tony Hansen agreed to take on the vacant role as OPES 
Co-Chair. His SMTP expertise will be very helpful for our planned SMTP 
work.

Tony will already be on board for the upcoming San Diego meeting on 
Tuesday. Please welcome Tony.

Thanks,
   Markus

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:45:21 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Markus Hofmann wrote:

> Co-Chair. His SMTP expertise will be very helpful for our planned
> SMTP work.
>

Welcome, Tony! I wonder if your work on SMTP message tracking would be
directly applicable to OPES requirement to track OPES services.

It looks to me that OPES processors or services could use MSGTRK
protocol to relay information about OPES adaptations performed on the
message. We would probably have to define some OPES extensions for
Per-Message MTSN Fields (Section 3.2 in draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05),
right?

For example, we could define an extension field to list identifiers of
OPES services that touched the message while it was in transit through
an OPES MTA. Or am I completely off-track here?

What is the implementation status of MSGTRK RFCs?

Thank you,

Alex.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:51:45 -0400

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> Welcome, Tony! 

Thank you, Alex.

> I wonder if your work on SMTP message tracking would be

At first glance, your analysis appears correct.

> What is the implementation status of MSGTRK RFCs?

The MSGTRK RFCs are in the RFC Editor queues at the moment.

I've been told that various vendors have committed to bring out 
implementations. I haven't seen any yet, however.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]