Subject: Request for agenda items at IETF 62

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:29:11 -0500

Folks,

we're scheduled for a one hour meeting at the upcoming IETF meeting in 
Minneapolis. Please send your agenda item request to Tony and me ASAP.

Thanks,
   Markus

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:12:17 -0500

Folks,

we have not received a single request for agenda items!

Some of the key contributors of the WG won't be able to come to 
Minneapolis, but if the entire WG depends on only 3-4 people and no 
one else has interest any more, maybe we better fold up the working 
group...

For now, we plan to have a discussion on the SMTP use cases (Paul 
Knight will cover for Abbie and Martin - thanks!). Anyone else 
interested in getting some time at the meeting, let us know ASAP.

We'll also discuss whether and how the WG should move forward - if we 
don't get folks committed to work on the various items, we can close 
shop soon. So, let us know - either per email or in person in 
Minneapolis - if you're willing to work on one of our chartered WG items.

Thanks,
   Markus

---

From: "Alex Rousskov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:59:14 -0700

> we have not received a single request for agenda items!

I have suggested that a "rules language destiny" item is added to the  
Agenda.

Thanks,

Alex.

---

From: Markus Hofmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:34:23 -0500

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I have suggested that a "rules language destiny" item is added to
> the Agenda.

Yup, we'll put it up as "discuss item", but withou speakers it'll be
done within 5 minutes.

-Markus

---

From: jfcm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:15:40 +0100

At 15:12 22/02/2005, Markus Hofmann wrote:
>Minneapolis, but if the entire WG depends on only 3-4 people and no one 
>else has interest any more, maybe we better fold up the working group...
>
>For now, we plan to have a discussion on the SMTP use cases (Paul Knight 
>will cover for Abbie and Martin - thanks!). Anyone else interested in 
>getting some time at the meeting, let us know ASAP.
>
>don't get folks committed to work on the various items, we can close shop 
>soon. So, let us know - either per email or in person in Minneapolis - if 
>you're willing to work on one of our chartered WG items.

If there is a total lack of interest, before closing the shop, I am 
interested in a clean sheet review of the architecture, wording, concepts 
based upon a real analysis of what are OPES/ONES called for and to be, 
where they are to be used and rebuilding a charter accordingly. I consider 
the matter as fundamental to networking, to servicing and also the only way 
to permit Internet evolutions, in transparently supporting them. To take 
back the image I used during the initial debate, we had the choice to build 
a bicycle, an Harley or a car. The current tricycle to run the 24 Hours du 
Mans is not that appealing.

jfc