Subject: [OPSEC] IRTF CFRG & analysis of cryptographic considerations

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:47:38 -0500

Hi,

It turns out that a number of other IETF WGs have been facing
the same issues about cryptographic recommendations that arose
here.

As of yesterday, it seems that a set of folks will be analysing
the cryptographic considerations, including the most recent
published literature, and putting together a document summarising
the current state of things.

David McGrew, co-chair of the IRTF CFRG, is organising this,
and will be one of the reviewers for this document.

So my suggestion is that the OPsec WG defer questions of
cryptographic recommendations for now, waiting until the
document sponsored by the IRTF CFRG can be put together
and reviewed by the CFRG folks.

Cheers,

Ran
[email-masked]

REFERENCES:

Selected IETF Security Area list notes on this topic:
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg02373.html>
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg02382.html>
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg02430.html>
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg02431.html>
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg02435.html>
	<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg02436.html>

IRTF CFRG:
	http://www.irtf.org/charter?gtype=rg&group=cfrg
_______________________________________________
OPSEC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec