Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-v6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:04:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks
	Author(s)       : Kiran Kumar Chittimaneni
                          Merike Kaeo
                          Eric Vyncke
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-v6-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2012-09-21

Abstract:
   Network managers know how to operate securely IPv4 network: whether
   it is the Internet or an enterprise internal network.  IPv6 presents
   some new security challenges.  RFC 4942 describes the security issues
   in the protocol but network managers need also a more practical,
   operation-minded best common practices.

   This document analyzes the operational security issues in all places
   of a network (service providers, enterprises and residential users)
   and proposes technical and procedural mitigations techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-v6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-v6-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/