Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:26:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Virtual Private Network (VPN) traffic leakages in dual-stack hosts/ networks
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-08-22

Abstract:
   The subtle way in which the IPv6 and IPv4 protocols co-exist in
   typical networks, together with the lack of proper IPv6 support in
   popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) products, may inadvertently
   result in VPN traffic leaks.  That is, traffic meant to be
   transferred over a VPN connection may leak out of such connection and
   be transferred in the clear from the local network to the final
   destination.  This document discusses some scenarios in which such
   VPN leakages may occur, either as a side effect of enabling IPv6 on a
   local network, or as a result of a deliberate attack from a local
   attacker.  Additionally, it discusses possible mitigations for the
   aforementioned issue.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:43:11 -0300

FYI, ready to ship. :-)

Cheers,
Fernando

On 08/22/2013 09:26 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSEC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec
> 

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492