Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 03:25:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Private Network (VPN) traffic leakages in dual-stack hosts/ networks
        Author          : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2014-01-23

Abstract:
   The subtle way in which the IPv6 and IPv4 protocols co-exist in
   typical networks, together with the lack of proper IPv6 support in
   popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) products, may inadvertently
   result in VPN traffic leaks.  That is, traffic meant to be
   transferred over a VPN connection may leak out of such connection and
   be transferred in the clear from the local network to the final
   destination.  This document discusses some scenarios in which such
   VPN leakages may occur, either as a side effect of enabling IPv6 on a
   local network, or as a result of a deliberate attack from a local
   attacker.  Additionally, it discusses possible mitigations for the
   aforementioned issue.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:50:03 -0300

Folks,

FYI, this version addresses Paul's and Kathleen's comments.

The only remaining bit is the issue raised by Carlos which we'll
hopefully address in the next rev.

Thanks!
Fernando

On 01/23/2014 08:25 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSEC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec
> 

-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492