Subject: [OPSEC] BCP 186, RFC 7126 on Recommendations on Filtering of IPv4 Packets Containing IPv4 Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 20:25:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 186        
        RFC 7126

        Title:      Recommendations on Filtering of IPv4 
                    Packets Containing IPv4 Options 
        Author:     F. Gont, R. Atkinson,
                    C. Pignataro
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 72504
        See Also:   BCP 186

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-ip-options-filtering-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7126.txt

This document provides advice on the filtering of IPv4 packets based
on the IPv4 options they contain.  Additionally, it discusses the
operational and interoperability implications of dropping packets
based on the IP options they contain.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC