Subject: [OPSEC] Revision of the IPv6 Firewalls document (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 02:55:27 -0300

Folks,

We have published a revision of the IPv6 firewalls I-D. Please find it
at:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01.txt>.

We have incorporated virtually all the comments received so far... which
have been a lot (both on- and off-list).

Among the changes are:

* We have clarified the requirements language.

* We have clarified some of the existing requirements, and addded new ones.

* We have incorporated many references that were missing in the -00 version.

* We incorporated some words in the area of performance -- which tends
to be pretty critical, as has been shown during the Berlin ipv6hackers
meeting last year.

If you provided feedback on the -00 version of the I-D, please do let us
know if we have addressed your comments. If you haven't provided
feedback on the -00 version, please do it for this one (-01).

Thanks!
Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01.txt
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:47:29 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Will Liu <[email-masked]>, "Shucheng LIU (Will)"
<[email-masked]>, Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>,
"Fernando Gont" <[email-masked]>, Marco Ermini
<[email-masked]>, "Marco Ermini" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs
Revision:	01
Title:		Requirements for IPv6 Enterprise Firewalls
Document date:	2014-04-16
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		18
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-opsec-ipv6-firewall-reqs-01

Abstract:
   While there has been some work in the area of firewalls, concrete
   requirements for IPv6 firewalls have never been specified in the RFC
   series.  The more limited experience with the IPv6 protocols and the
   more reduced number of firewalls that support IPv6 has made it rather
   difficult to infer what are reasonable features to expect in an IPv6
   firewall.  This has typically been a problem for network operators,
   who typically have to produce a "Request for Proposal" from scratch
   that describes such features.  This document specifies a set of
   requirements for IPv6 firewalls, in order to establish some common-
   ground in terms of what features can be expected in them.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat