Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:14:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Layer-3 Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnel traffic leakages in dual- stack hosts/networks
        Author          : Fernando Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-04-24

Abstract:
   The subtle way in which the IPv6 and IPv4 protocols co-exist in
   typical networks, together with the lack of proper IPv6 support in
   popular Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnel products, may
   inadvertently result in VPN tunnel traffic leaks.  That is, traffic
   meant to be transferred over an encrypted and integrity protected VPN
   tunnel may leak out of such tunnel and be sent in the clear on the
   local network towards the final destination.  This document discusses
   some scenarios in which such VPN tunnel traffic leakages may occur as
   a result of employing IPv6-unaware VPN software.  Additionally, this
   document offers possible mitigations for this issue.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-vpn-leakages-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/