Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:30:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP operations and security
        Authors         : Jerome Durand
                          Ivan Pepelnjak
                          Gert Doering
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-04-27

Abstract:
   BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) is the protocol almost exclusively used
   in the Internet to exchange routing information between network
   domains.  Due to this central nature, it is important to understand
   the security measures that can and should be deployed to prevent
   accidental or intentional routing disturbances.

   This document describes measures to protect the BGP sessions itself
   (like TTL, TCP-AO, control plane filtering) and to better control the
   flow of routing information, using prefix filtering and
   automatization of prefix filters, max-prefix filtering, AS path
   filtering, route flap dampening and BGP community scrubbing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-bgp-security-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:43:35 -0400

This new version addresses my comments. Thanks to the authors for their
work on this document, it will be very useful.

Thanks,

Wes

On 4/27/14, 4:30 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for
>IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.
>
>_______________________________________________
>OPSEC mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.