Subject: [OPSEC] WGLC for draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-03

From: "Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 08:12:12 +0000

This is to open a two week WGLC for https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-03.
If you have not read it, please do so now. You may send nits to the author, but substantive discussion should go to the [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> list.
(While V6OPS WG is in cc because of close alignment with the WG expertise area, may we ask to send feedback and comments in the OPSEC WG)

We will close the call on 13 October 2017

Gunter & Eric
OPSEC WG co-chairs

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:48:18 +1300

Hi,

Mainly, this is ready IMHO, except:

> 3.1.  General Discussion
> 
>    IPv6 [RFC2460] EHs allow for the extension of the IPv6 protocol

Obsolete reference. Should be RFC8200.

This applies throughout the document, but section 3.4.2  "Routing Header
for IPv6 (Protocol Number=43)" needs some rewording. RFC8200 no longer
specifies RH0. Suggestion:

a) keep RFC2460 but as an Informative reference.
b) start section 3.4.2.2 like this:

   This EH is specified in [RFC8200].  The obsolete specification [RFC2460]
   originally specified the Routing Header Type 0, which was later obsoleted
   by [RFC5095].

   At the time of this writing, the following Routing Types have been
   specified:

   o  Type 0: Source Route (DEPRECATED) [RFC2460] [RFC5095]

The rest stays the same, but note the two remaining references to 2460.

Regards
   Brian