Subject: [Perc] Slides to help expain things

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:42:10 -0600

I've been bouncing around some slides to help explain what I think the WG is trying to accomplish and the various drafts. They are probably best discussed on a call but thought I would send them here to help us get on the same page about what the open issues are. 

Cullen

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 07:24:34 +0000

Cullen,

I really appreciate you putting this into pictures.

I'm a little confused about slide #8.  Many of those attributes would be 
E2E authenticated using AES-GCM per the spec you mentioned.  We 
attempted to do the same in the jones draft.  However, it wasn't clear 
from that chart which draft does and does not provide E2E auth for these 
various fields.  In the slide, I think you're not speaking of either the 
jones or mattsson draft, but of what the aes-gcm spec for SRTP says, 
right?

It might be helpful to have 3 columns: what does 
draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm say vs. the two perc drafts we're 
considering.

Perhaps the same for HBH Encrypted / Authenticated, too.  I cannot tell 
from this slide what is YES/NO from existing SRTP (and 
draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm) vs. the two proposals.

Paul

------ Original Message ------
From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 10/8/2015 6:42:10 PM
Subject: [Perc] Slides to help expain things

>
>I've been bouncing around some slides to help explain what I think the 
>WG is trying to accomplish and the various drafts. They are probably 
>best discussed on a call but thought I would send them here to help us 
>get on the same page about what the open issues are.
>
>Cullen
>
>

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 07:05:32 -0600

Ah, yes, I should have been cleared. I meant that table on slide 8 to be the requirements of what we need for the solution and not necessarily a list of what either of the proposals are. 

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 4:42 PM, Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> <PercSecurityContexts_v2.pdf>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Perc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perc