Subject: [Perc] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework-01.txt

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 05:31:47 +0000

Folks,

I published a slightly revised version of our draft.  There is nothing 
substantially different than what was published previously, the 
highlights being:
1) Removal of the MKI field in the payload
2) Note that part of the header is used as associated data (for E2E)
3) Clarify that some bits in the header are zeroed when consuming 
associated data
4) Expand on the EEIV usage and placement

It's doesn't attempt to tackle the larger issues we are discussing in 
the design team meetings, so don't assume it does.  This is just a 
modest update of our current proposal.

Paul

------ Forwarded Message ------
From: [email-masked]
To: "Nermeen Ismail" <[email-masked]>; "David Benham" 
<[email-masked]>; "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>; "Paul 
Jones" <[email-masked]>
Sent: 10/9/2015 1:23:30 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Paul E. Jones and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework
Revision: 01
Title: A Solution Framework for Private Media in Privacy Enhanced RTP 
Conferencing
Document date: 2015-10-09
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 19
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework-01.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework-01
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jones-perc-private-media-framework-01

Abstract:
    This document describes a solution framework for ensuring that media
    confidentiality and integrity are maintained end-to-end within the
    context of a switched conferencing environment where media
    distribution devices are not trusted with the end-to-end media
    encryption keys.  The solution aims to build upon existing security
    mechanisms defined for the real-time transport protocol (RTP).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat