Subject: [Perc] Transmission Time Offsets

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:31:58 -0700

I was looking at TTO ( RFC5450 ) and it seems to me that the endpoint receiving theses would want to know this relative to the endpoint that created the video, not the MDD. So my proposal would be that we don't need to have an MDD change these.

Thoughts ?

Cullen

I'm also wondering if anyone has an implementation of TTO that actually reads the received values and does something useful with them?

---

From: "Mo Zanaty (mzanaty)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:16:08 +0000

RMCAT may drop any need for TTO based on current proposals to do
sender-side congestion control. TTO is only needed for receiver-side
congestion control. This is not decided yet, but the RMCAT chairs are
actively driving for consensus on this fundamental point of sender-side
vs. receiver-side vs. double-sided congestion control.

Mo

On 11/30/15, 10:31 AM, Perc on behalf of Cullen Jennings
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

I was looking at TTO ( RFC5450 ) and it seems to me that the endpoint
receiving theses would want to know this relative to the endpoint that
created the video, not the MDD. So my proposal would be that we don't need
to have an MDD change these.

Thoughts ?

Cullen

I'm also wondering if anyone has an implementation of TTO that actually
reads the received values and does something useful with them?

_______________________________________________
Perc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perc