Subject: [Perc] Updated presentation for todays Design Team

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:15:45 +0100

WG,

Attached are an update power point presentation as a basis for today's 
DT discussion. I like to note that it contains a number of different 
questions and discussion points.

- Trust Model assumptions
- The issues with Media Switching Mixer topology with some RTP header 
fields, like CSRC list and which entities that may generate it.
- Discussion of the need for RTP header extension protection mechanisms, 
both E2E authentication and E2E confidentiality appear needed.
- E2E RTCP mechanisms for PERC, including issues if one allow SSRC 
translation by MDDs.

There are some more questions to.

So please review and join the discussion.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:19:49 -0500

* Threat modeling ultimately reduces to per-field discussions
* "Need E2E Confidentiality" removed since it matches SRTP
* RTCP off the agenda for this meeting

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Magnus Westerlund
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> WG,
>
> Attached are an update power point presentation as a basis for today's DT
> discussion. I like to note that it contains a number of different questions
> and discussion points.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Perc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perc
>

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:20:24 -0500

Sorry, did not mean to reply all.  This is just ideation, please ignore.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:05:46 -0500

Thanks for the slides, Magnus.  Attached is a merged deck, including
chair slides for some framing.

The main goal for today is to make some more progress on how to apply
authentication/integrity protections to header fields.

Thanks,
--Richard

---

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 12:36:29 +1100

Hello Magnus,

One additional use case worth considering for RTCP FB is remote RTP 
pause / resume (draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-stream-pause). The MDD would need 
to coordinate the sending of pause and resume amongst the RTP endpoints.

Regards, Christian

On 1/12/2015 12:15 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> - Discussion of the need for RTP header extension protection 
> mechanisms, both E2E authentication and E2E confidentiality appear 
> needed.